Monday, September 28, 2009

Body Piercing and Tatooing:Risks to Health

Body Piercing and Tattooing: Risks to Health

Before and After Reading

Before Reading
I noticed by the title of the article that it is discussing about body piercing and tattoo. It also discusses about how body piercing and tattoo could affect your body. According to the subheading of the article, the body art are very popular and here are many health risks.

After Reading

What do you know?
I know that many people have tattoos and body piercing. People feel that body art is an expression of their selves.

What do you want to know?
I will like to know is: who was the first person to have piercing in their body?

What did I learn?
I learned that the use of unsterile needles could cause infections and transmit diseases like HIV. There are times that the tattoos artist doesn’t clean the needles or changes it.

Three W's Question

What was this article about?
This article is about how body art have many health risks. Body art could cause skin reaction, infections, and scarring.

When did tattoos and body piercing became famous?
Throughout history, humans would pierce their body because it was a tradition. According to the article it states that in ancient culture used body piercing as a symbol of royalty.

How to be health with body art?
It is really important to be health with your body especially if you have tattoos or piercing. If you want a body piercing and tattoos, you must find a place where the body artist is very clean. Also before getting a piercing or tattoos, watch the artist at work.

3 comments:

  1. That is a definate, you must go to clean place to get any tattoos or piercings. Do not go to the bronx, they are not very clean and I have seen for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always wanted to get a tatoo, i just dont know if it is safe any more because after reading this article it sounds scarry because of all the diseases you can get. But it is up to the location and from who you get it from, i definetly would check out special places with people that has alot of experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I been thinking about a tatoo but after this article i dont know if im still interested because even if the place looks clean how clean is it really if you think about it. if i do go i would like to get some reviews about the place and if someone had any problems with what they recieved.

    ReplyDelete